The general topic of the paper is: (1) the American dreams of Jay Gatsby and Charles Foster Kane in terms of three issues that relate to Jay Gatsby and Charles Foster Kane.
Example: F. Scott Fitzgerald′s The Great Gatsby and Orson Welles′ Citizen Kane have heroes with great faith in their American dream and a fatal incapacity to accept their failure.
Example: F. Scott Fitzgerald′s The Great Gatsby and Orson Welles′ Citizen Kane create dreamers who have a vast reservoir to achieve and accomplish, but whose self-insight is a tragic flaw.
Please look at P3: Sample Student Papers. The papers will be contrasting and comparing Kane and Gatsby in terms of three things, such as fortune, power, love, solitude, or women.
Use two new quotes from The Great Gatsby [the quotes from the novel must be from the novel, not a film] and from Citizen Kane [four quotes in total]. The quotes from Citizen Kane must be from the film.
Add one quote from an outside source for the novel and one additional quote from an outside source for the film.
How many quotes? Six quotes:
The novel: two quotes from the novel and one quote from an outside source＝ 3 quotes
The film: two quotes from the film and one quote from an outside source＝ 3 quotes
Total quotes? Six quotes.
Consider that your paper is about The Great Gatsby and Citizen Kane, so the overall idea of your paper, its opening thesis statement of the paper, and the overall conclusion should be about both dreamers.
Note how to phrase the introduction of the novel and the film Citizen Kane in your thesis:
F. Scott Fitzgerald′s The Great Gatsby and Orson Welles′ Citizen Kane [verb of your choice]….
F. Scott Fitzgerald′s The Great Gatsby and Orson Welles′ Citizen Kane are about great dreamers who mix up their pursuit of dreams with their true happiness.
F. Scott Fitzgerald′s The Great Gatsby and Orson Welles′ Citizen Kane share heroes whose ideal of love is divorced from the reality of the lovers they pursue.
How are papers evaluated?
Six Evaluation Criteria
1. Elements of Organization: You will have a one-three-one organization that has three 20-sentence body PPs, as well as an overall opening and closing.
2. Methods of Development: Comparison and Contrast is your overall method of develop. Analyze the characters′ similarities and differences.
3. Modes of Order: Choose three primary issues, such as fortune, love, and failure. In each body PP analyze their shared and unique traits.
4. Transitions: Choices are phrases like ″in contrast″ and ″similarly,″ but choose ones that you prefer. See OWL for choices of transitions for comparison and contrast.
5. Editing and Proofreading: See the Module here in P3 modules.
6. MLA Matters -Modern Language Association Standards: See the MLA Modules at the bottom of the listing of modules.
Please write to me in INBOX if you have any questions.
The order was placed through a short procedure (customer skipped some order details).
Please clarify some paper details before starting to work on the order.
Type of paper and subject
Number of sources and formatting style
Type of service (writing, rewriting, etc)