ASSIGNMENT: END OF LIFE DIRECTIVES AND LAST WISHES
This assignment is divided into 4 segments: 1) Directives Regarding Health Care; 2) Your
Obituary; 3) Directions for the Disposition of Your Body; and 4) Final Course Reflections. The
format for this assignment should follow the numbering system below. This assignment is
worth 100 points. The paper should be typewritten, double-spaced.
DUE DATE IS POSTED ON THE COURSE CALENDAR AND ON CANVAS –
Assignments. This assignment must be submitted through CANVAS-Assignments.
The format for sections I, II, III of your assignment should follow the outline below – Do
not submit these sections in Essay Format. You should edit this document with your
answers in bold or a different font.
All the following may be done in a serious or humorous vain. If you feel uncomfortable
about dealing seriously with the thought of your own death, then write something
humorous. However, this assignment is for you to use as the basis to prepare for the
I. Directives Regarding Health Care (20 points)
A. Identify Person(s) designated to make medical decisions for you when you are
unable to make them yourself
B. Identify the type of medical treatment you want/do not want (Pain Control/Life
C. How do you want to be treated during your last days? (Food/Prayers/Priest or
Minister/Die at home, etc.)
D. What do you want your loved ones to know before your die
(Apologies/secrets/undeclared love, etc?) You do not have to be specific but
need to give enough detail that you will remember what you intended, i.e., use
initials instead of names – example: “TB-apology”
II. Obituary (20 points)
Write your obituary, including
a. birth date,
b. death date,
c. cause of death,
d. place of death,
f. donations (if desired and to whom you wish them made),
g. funeral/memorial service arrangements, and
h. activities/accomplishments for which you most want to be remembered.
Your obituary should be written in the format suitable for printing
in the newspaper.
A. Disposition of Your Body (20 points)
B. How do you want your body disposed of – burial, cremation, donated to medical
school or would you prefer for others to make the decision?
Select one of the following:
1. If you are buried,
a. Do you want an open/closed casket?
b. Do you want a viewing time? Where do you want this to occur – at
home or at a funeral home or somewhere else?
c. How do you want to be dressed?
d. Describe your headstone – inscription/epitaph
2. If you are cremated
a. Do you want a viewing before cremation? Where do you want this to
occur – at home, at a funeral home or somewhere else?
b. What do you want done with your ashes?
c. Who do you want to dispose of your ashes?
3. Do you want to donate your body
a. To a medical school? Or To a research facility?
b. Do you want what remains of your body returned to your family for
4. Would you prefer to leave arrangements to someone else?
C. Do you wish to have a funeral (body is present) or memorial service (body is not
present)? If so, (20 points)
1. Where do you want it held? Church, Synagogue, Prayer Room, Funeral
2. What price range do you want spent on your funeral/memorial service?
3. Do you want a religious/secular service/party?
4. Do you want flowers? What kind?
5. Do you have a favorite selection of music you would like sung/played?
6. Do you have someone in mind to speak?
7. Do you have a favorite quote, poem, scripture you would like read?
IV: Course Reflection-
(This section should be in essay format with a total of 1.5-2 double spaced pages)
This part of the paper should center on your personal response to the course and what you
– Upon completion of the assignment-What did this assignment mean to you? Reflect
on your overall experience of writing your final wishes.
– Identify 4 concepts of the course that you found particularly helpful.
How the coursework/concepts relate to your development as an individual and
your view of the topic of Death and Dying.
– Anything else you would like to write about.
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
ASSIGNMENT: END OF LIFE DIRECTIVES AND LAST WISHES
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.