Writing Assignment #1
Proposal Memo to Decision-maker
You must write a Proposal Memo at least 800 words long. The memo must discuss the topic you plan to research and write about in Writing Assignment (WA) #2 (a Synthesis Literature Review) and WA #3, the Research Report. Your Proposal Memo topic should be a topic that focuses on two tasks:
• defining a problem in your workplace or community (neighborhood) persuasively and accurately.
• proposing a solution or solutions to the problem or issue.
A list of possible topics is available in the Content area of the WRTG 394 classroom both in the “Writing Resources” area and in the “Sample Papers” area. You may want to refer to this for guidance in choosing a suitable topic.
How Your Proposal Memo (WA #1) Relates to the Synthesis Literature Review (WA #2) and the Research Report (WA #3)
The topic you choose for your proposal memo must be the topic you write about in WA #2 and WA #3. Choose carefully. Do not choose a topic that is too broad, too narrow, or too obscure. See the Instructions for WA #3 for a list of possible topics you might choose from. Almost all of these are topics for which you will be able to find research sources. You may also take one of the WA #3 topics and develop your own topic based upon it or related to it. Again, use caution. It is a very good idea to choose a topic and then do some preliminary research. If you cannot easily find sources for the topic you have chosen, you should choose another topic.
What you must provide for WA #1, the Proposal Memo
To complete this assignment successfully, your completed Proposal Memo should contain the following:
1. Your memo is structured/formatted with correct sections and headings.
2. Your decision Maker(s) is/are clearly identified.
3. You have included each section with heading and provide all required information per assignment instructions.
4. Your memo meets word length requirements and follows correct business style.
Memo Template to Use as You Complete this Assignment
For this assignment you will follow an assignment template (a template is a frame or format that you will use for completing your memo. Such templates are common in business writing).
Note: Please use the format outlined below, including the headers provided in bold, for the memo.
To: [Decision Maker Name(s) and title(s)]
From: [Your name and title]
Date: [Today’s Date]
Subject: [Request to conduct research and report on…]
In a few sentences, explain why you are writing your memo. Specifically ask permission to research your topic and write a report about it.
What the problem is and why it needs to be investigated
In a few paragraphs describe the problem you are writing about and explain why you want to do research and write a report about the problem and solutions you will propose.
Secondary research you will conduct
In a few sentences, discuss the research you will conduct using the UMGC library. Remember to mention both trade (professional) sources and scholarly sources.
Benefits of your research and your report’s recommendations
In a few paragraphs discuss why your research the report you write will benefit your audience and provide possible solutions to the problem you are investigating.
In a few sentences repeat your request for permission to do research and write a report on your topic. Mention the benefits that your work will offer in providing possible solutions to a known problem in your workplace or community.
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Writing Assignment #1
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.