The A and E channel produces “Intervention”. Intervention profiles people who are struggling with an addiction(s) and whose friends and family feel the only remaining option is to have a formal intervention. Each profile serves as a documentary following the life of a person suffering with an addiction(s) and how addiction impacts families and friends. Each episode ends with friends and family and a professional interventionist urging the individual who is suffering with an addiction to get much needed help.
Each episode is about 45 minutes in length.
Episodes can be viewed at the following links:
View one entire episode of Intervention and answer the following questions.
Please include the question and then provide your response in complete sentences.
1. Describe the individual(s) who is suffering with an addiction. Be sure to include age, gender, race and age.
2. What type or types of substances/drugs is the individual using?
3. Describe the individual’s substance/drug use. How often and how much is the individual using? Include any health consequences that the individual is experiencing.
4. Describe any underlying mental health or trauma-related issues that the individual may have experienced that contributed to the individual’s substance/drug use.
5. Describe the individual’s support system. Who does the individual live with? Who is concerned about the individual’s substance/drug use?
6. What impact has the individual’s substance/drug use had on friends, family, co-workers, etc.?
7. Describe any enabling behavior(s) from family and friends that supports the individual’s continued substance/drug use.
8. What consequences has the individual suffered as a result of his or her drug use? Have they encountered legal problems as a result of his or her substance/drug use?
9. Who is the Professional Interventionist? Who else has a role in the intervention? Describe what each person who is part of the intervention says.
10. What treatment is offered? Does the individual accept treatment? How long does the person stay in treatment? How many days? What is the individual’s current status?