– Aristotle’s virtues were intended to govern the (aristocratic) activities of daily life in Ancient Athens. He says cultivating these virtues is essential for reaching eudaimonia (in ancient Greece at least). However, things have changed a lot since then. For starters, slavery is outlawed and society has been making progress on equality and social justice. Additionally, modern technology creates new activities that have greatly changed the ways we communicate and cultivate friendships, and like Aristotle says in Book VIII, friendships are how we cultivate moral virtue. Perhaps if Aristotle were alive today his set of virtues would look a bit different? Thus, our task is to discuss a moral virtue that is NOT on Aristotle’s list, but is necessary for eudaimonia in today’s world. Inspired by Aristotle’s link between moral virtue and eudaimonia, our goal is to build a virtue mixtape as a class, so that we can become more virtuous and flourish together as friends.
Discussion Prompt (Respond in 200-300 words)
Analyze a song that presents a moral virtue relevant to flourishing in today’s world. The virtue CANNOT be on Aristotle’s list. Contribute to the class mixtape by responding to the questions below. Respond to all questions below using only 200-300 words:
1. Choose a song to analyze. It must present a moral virtue relevant to flourishing today, and it cannot be one of Aristotle’s 12 virtues (how boring would that be, right!).
2. Post a link to the YouTube song/video in your discussion post. Also, post a link to the lyrics for the song too. This also makes it easier for people to interact with your content.
3. Explain the moral virtue presented in the music as well as the two extremes associated with this virtue (i.e., the excess and deficiency).
4. What emotions do we harmonize through this virtue? Explain how are the two extremes are the result of unharmonized emotion.
5. Why is this virtue important to spread in society? Why did you choose this virtue?
6. Does this virtue reveal social inequalities in today’s society? In other words, is everyone able to participate in this virtue or is this virtue only attainable by some members of society?
– Remember to write your word count at the end! You have 200-300 words for the entire discussion post.
– If you ignore the prompt and choose one of Aristotle’s virtues, then your post will receive 0 points.
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.