The purpose of this assignment is to build an understanding of various issues facing business and society today. This assignment will require heavy research. Through this research you will:
• Learn the background history of the chosen topic
• Discover why this topic is controversial
• Explain both sides of the controversy
• Develop an opinionInstructions
Individual Research Project: Controversial Issues in Business and Society
Choose a Controversial Business Issue/Topic. Here are some example topics,
• We need a minimum wage so that companies do not take advantage of their employees
• Casual dress codes are beneficial for the company.
• Happy employees do a better job.
• Social media sites should be blocked at work.
• The minimum wage should be raised.
• Employees that work from home are more productive.
• Companies should be allowed to drug test their employees.
• We need laws to regulate the unpredictability of part-time schedules.
• Companies should be forced to provide health care to full-time employees.
• Companies should be forced to provide health care to part-time employees.This assignment has two parts: Final Research Paper and Presentation
Along with the paper, you will create a brief video presentation with PowerPoint slides to go along with the research paper.
Instructions: The Final Paper
The Final Paper should be written in full sentence, paragraph form and include the following information:
1. APA Citations: Full APA cover page, an abstract, in-text citations, and a final reference list.
2. Section Headings: You must include these section headings A – E:
Create a question regarding the selected topic that will be answered throughout the duration of the project.
The question is designed to give a clear focus to the content of the project. Be careful not to develop a question that is too vague or too specific. A vague question can cause confusion, while a specific question can create limitations.
Example: If the chosen topic is Women should get one year paid maternity leave; the question could be: Should women be given one year paid maternity leave?
An overview of why this topic is considered controversial. Do not include your opinion about your topic.
Example: What makes paid maternity leave controversial?
We have FMLA, why do we need anything else?
Maternity leave is a huge burden to a woman’s employer. Why should the company pay extended absences for workers who are not contributing?
Becoming a mother is a choice, so why should others have to pay for your choice?
But it is unfair to men who have children, or other women in the workplace who choose not to have kids.
Fine, take paid maternity leave, but just know that it is going to increase the wage gap.
Why can’t you leave this to individual companies or states to work out? Why does it have to be mandated?
A full explanation of the two sides of the controversy. Various outside sources are required. The two arguments may include popular opinion, but also must be based in stated FACTS.
What are the two sides of the argument?
Why do people think what they think?
What facts can be given to support each argument?
Example: If my topic were “Women should get one year paid maternity leave”; I would discuss pros and cons of both sides.
An explanation on the status of the issue today.
Example: Here you can research current news about your topic. Is there any new legislation? Are there business trends emerging?
A final summary of your personal position on the issue.
Think for yourself. What side of the argument do you personally agree with? Why do you agree with one side (stating facts and opinion) and why do you disagree with the other side (stating facts and opinion)?
Overview of Controversy
Arguments For & Arguments Against
In the News
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.