Analyze microeconomics and macroeconomic concepts.
Interpret supply and demand curves and market equilibrium.
Calculate cross price elasticity of demand, utility, and productivity.
Interpret production costs and cost curves.
Apply knowledge of market structures to firms, consumers, and public policies.
Calculate profits and profit maximization for optimal price and output.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
As an economic consultant at Lightning Volt Automotive, leadership has asked you to submit a proposal to the board and investment group on how to increase production domestically to expand exports in the near future. The goal of the proposal is to secure funding from the investors.
The board and the investors want to see:
Concepts of the production possibilities curve (PPC)
Factors of production
Type of good
Supply and demand
Cross-price elasticity of demand of gasoline driven vehicles
Optimal level of production
Impacts the public policies on the electric vehicle industry in the United States
Address the following in a PowerPoint presentation. Use speaker notes to add details to each slide. Be sure to cite your sources in APA format and include a reference page.
Use the Excel spreadsheet linked here to complete the calculations and charts, then copy and paste them into the slides. You only need to submit your PowerPoint presentation.
1. Identify the type of good that Lightning Volt Automotive produces. Explain how the factors of production will determine the point on Lightning Volt’s PPC. Identify four ways Lightning Volt Automotive could reach an unattainable point on the PPC.
Include an explanation of expected changes to supply and demand from economic externalities such as availability of electricity, recharging stations, tax rebates to consumers, tax credits to U.S. union-produced electric vehicles, and the change in equilibrium price and quantity.
2. Explain the type of market structure Lightning Volt Automotive operates in, along with four characteristics of the market structures. Identify Lightning Volt Automotive advantage at a national level. Describe Lightning Volt’s pricing schedule and explain the optimal production level based on the information presented in the Excel spreadsheet.
Include a calculation of the cross-price elasticity of the gasoline driven vehicles and electric vehicles. If the price of electric vehicles increases from $45,000 to $62,000, and the quantity demanded for gasoline driven vehicles increases in demand by 10%, explain if these goods are complementary goods, substitute goods, or non-related goods. If there is a relationship,
indicate whether it is weak or strong. Justify your answer with an explanation based on the elasticity figure.
3. Create the total cost curves and the marginal and average cost curves in the spreadsheet. On the average and marginal cost curves, identify and explain the point where profits are maximized as well as the breakeven points for Lightning Volt Automotive.
4. Explain the impacts of public policies.
How would the policies strengthen or weaken the affordability of electric vehicles?
How would the policies affect the incentive provided to domestic consumers and producers?
Explain why an investment in Lightning Volt Automotive would be wise to generate lucrative returns.
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.